There was a time when we used to see the detectives in movies tracing cell phone locations by using some glowing kind of technologies and tricks. However, gone are the days when only FBI and CIA can use the technology to trace cell phone location. Now, we are living in a world of technology where you just need a PC/Smartphone and internet connection to trace cell phone location. In this post, we are going to share all the possible ways to trace cell phone location.
Case 1: Tracking a phone before you lose it.
It is said that prevention is better than cure. Keeping your smartphone updated with technology to trace cell phone location is a very good choice and can come very handy when it is lost. To make your phone theft proof, you will need to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Install the prey app which is a free and open source anti-theft application that can be used for both mobile phones and computers.
- Once you sign up for the service, you just need to sync your devices with it.
- Now, whenever your phone goes missing, you just need to log into Prey?s account and start tracing. Since, this app runs in the background and don?t trace phone location until told to, you don?t need to worry about your privacy when the phone is under your custody.
- The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices and works perfectly fine with Mac, Linux and Windows.
Case 2: Tracking a phone after you lose it.
If you have lost your phone and there is no such app installed on it, still there is no need to worry. You can still trace cell phone location.
For Android Users:
- Download an application known as Plan B. For doing this, you need to log into your Google account from any computer and install the app from Google Play Store. Just click on the install and the app will start downloading on the missing phone.
- As soon as the app is installed on the device, it will send your phone?s location detail to your Google account.
- You can also locate your missing phone when you are not near a computer, all you need to do is just a text ?locate? from a friend?s phone and you will get a text with location info of the lost phone.
Cell phone location
For iPhone Users:
- Download Find My iPhone If you are using iOS 5 or later, this app will come preinstalled on your iPhone.
- You can also download it even when the phone is not in your possession. For this you need to borrow a friend?s device, install this app on his device and just log in with your Apple ID.
- The app will display the exact phone location and you can even trigger the lost phone to make a noise for two minutes so that you can locate it if it is nearby.
You can also use apps like Android Device Manager and Find my lost phone ?to trace cell phone location. It should be noted that tracing someone other?s cell phone location is illegal and we do not support it. This was all about how you can trace cell phone location. We hope that this post will help you in finding your lost phone.